Sunday, October 09, 2005

It's all in a name.

I learned that faucet handles are called escutcheons, but I keep geting escutcheons confused with Etruscans. So as I'm fiddling with the chase that I'm building (it's built, looks like crap, but it's built) I keep thinking "Where do the Etruscans go?" This is surely not the question I should be contemplating.

I wasn't even sure what, or who, Etruscans were until I looked them up on answers.com. Here's my favorite quote from the entry:

  • The Etruscan language also presents difficulties to the scholar. It can be easily read (the alphabet is of Greek extraction, and the sound value of the signs is known), but, with the exception of only a few words, the vocabulary is not understood.
I'll bet an Etruscan could help me with my hoses. The problem is, how would I ask him?

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com