Thursday, September 15, 2005

Settling in.

Well I'm starting to get into a groove with my projects. I ordered the floors on Monday, so my color scheme is complete:
ColorScheme

I will be able to start laying floors in the living room by next Thursday. It has been really nice knowing that I'm going be ripping up the carpet--I don't have to be careful about getting paint all over the floor. But that's going to change once I start putting the nice floors in.

I've spent the last two days priming and painting the kitchen cabinets. What a mess! Priming is not fun, and it's a lot harder to paint cabinets than it is to paint walls. I'm doing it with a brush, which is probably part of the reason it takes longer. It looks really nice though. I chose Linen White for the cabinets. Unfortunately, it's going to take two coats, which means at least another night of painting in the kitchen. And when I'm done with the cabinets, I'll have to get the yellow out and touch up the places where I messed up the walls ... oops.

Oh! My spider moved out yesterday. When I came home, the web was half demolished and this morning, most of the rest of it is gone. I knew he'd leave if I talked to him nicely!

I bought a vessel sink yesterday. I can't figure out how the faucet gets installed, though, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to use it. I may have to return it. Here are some pics of the sink:
27Taylor - 6427Taylor - 6327Taylor - 6227Taylor 61

I need to have the sink changed, the bathroom painted, and the kitchen cupboards finished by the time the floor gets here on Monday. That should be no problem!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com