Sunday, September 11, 2005

Mellow yellow.

I've painted two walls in the kitchen, and I'm just not sure how I feel about the color. There's nothing wrong with it, I think. I'm not crazy about it, I think. It's so hard to tell! Yellow is such a funny color. What was I thinking?

And after I finish the walls in the kitchen, I have to do the cupboards, and I have no idea what color to do them. I'm too busy dreading the sanding and priming to think about the paint color. Maybe white. Or ivory. Something neutral. Wood floors, ivory cupboards, yellow walls. What could be wrong with that?

I went to the other local paint store, and they don't carry Benjamin Moore Ceiling White paint either. How annoying. So I have to special order that, which means more waiting. I did get some sisal style carpet samples to look at. I think I have the right idea with the natural floor in the entry. It's expensive, though, so I need to shop around and see what else I can find.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to do the Ralph Lauren River Rock in the entry ... it requires a single ceiling to floor sweep to finish, and I can't do that because my walls are 15 feet high on the stairs. I would try to fake it, but they put this instruction in large bold letters in about five places on the can, and all over the instruction booklets, so I'm thinking it's important. I need to find another way to give my entryway texture. Uh ... spongepainting is out, right?

I just pried up the rest of the moldings in the living room. It was a lot easier this time. I talked to my Dad and he said to use a shim to press against, so I used the plastic putty knife that I broke the other day (using it as a pry tool) and that helped a lot. I'm not going to paint the rest of the wall below the molding until I figure out what kind of molding I'll be putting back on when I get the floor.

I just want this to be done! It's fun to put my house together, but sometimes I just feel exhausted looking at everything laying around. Well, one step at a time. Today I put the vent covers and outlet covers back in the living room and moved yesterday's haul from the city into the attic and out of the way. Clearing the space up makes me feel like I can have that floor in in no time.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com