Friday, September 02, 2005

My blog is my motto: DIY or Die Trying

Today I closed on my first home purchase, a cute 600 square foot condo in Connecticut. I fell in love with it as soon as a walked in the door, and although the buying process wasn't exactly stressfree, I am now the proud owner of my first home.

See pictures on flickr.

I'm going to spend all my free time for the next month "doing a little work" to get the place up to my specifications. The condo is 20 years old and everything, including the carpet and appliances is orignial, so I just want to update a few things.

Here's my plan:
1) Paint everything
2) Rip up the carpet (living room, bedroom, entry) and the linoleum (bathroom, kitchen)
3) Install laminate flooring throughout living areas and kitchen
4) Tile the bathroom and replace the vanity with a pedistal sink
5) Re-carpet the entry

I'm hoping to be done in a month. I'll chronicle my progress here and keep track of my accomplishments I've never done anything quite like this before, but I'm looking forward to expanding my handiness.

And if all else fails, I'm sure there's somewhere I can rent a husband.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com