Thursday, September 29, 2005

Inch by inch . . .

. . . row by row.

Everything takes so long to do! I'm trying not to get frustrated that I can't do everything at once. Instead, I just keep plugging away a piece at a time. I had to stop laying the floors because there's no room in the Dumpster to throw away the old carpet, so I took a break from that and did the bedroom closet.

27Taylor - 89

i used an area rug and just carpeted over the old carpet (too hard to pull that up) and it looks pretty good. I'm starting to get nervous about the borders between doors and different flooring ... all that finish work is a little frightening to contemplate.

I also finished up in the bathroom, except for the sink--the faucet hasn't arrived yet! I like the tile that I picked out, and I like the blue walls. I still have the wainscoating to do, but that comes after the plumbing.

27Taylor - 91

By the way, what's the deal with caulk? Yuck!

I also put the washing machine and dryer back together, with burst resistant hoses. I'm still not sure I understand what "channel locks" are, but I used them to tighten all the gaskets.
27Taylor - 90

Now I just have to wait for someone to take away the trash so I can get these piles out of my living room.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com