Sunday, September 25, 2005

Improvise, overcome, and adapt.

Based on yesterday's floor adventures, I've made a few adjustments to the master plan. I'm going to carpet the two closets with installed area rugs (actually, bamboo for the living room closet, and white for the bedroom closet).

Today was actually pretty productive. I got the washer/dryer out of the bathroom (that took some doing and many shouts of "Why am I doing this?").

27Taylor - 84

What I found under the washer:
27Taylor - 82

I ripped out the sink in the bathroom too, so I could paint.
27Taylor - 86 27Taylor - 85

I decided to do vinyl tile on the floor instead of the wood because 1) cutting the wood to fit around the toilet seems difficult and 2) I discovered that there's a drain under the washer and I don't want to have a hole in the wood for that.

The walls are a little worse for the wear, what with ripping the sink out and seeing what was behind the washer and dryer. I'm going to get an ivory or white wainscoating for the two walls by the sink, so I'm not too worried about that (which will also come in handy to cover up the holes I'm going to make trying to install the new faucet). The tile I got at Home Depot is a sort of dark blue marble color.

Boy, that doesn't really sound like I was very productive ... well I did go shopping (twice) and do laundry and dishes. I also did have to take the mirror and shelves out of the bathroom. And I cooked lunch, which I'm about to reheat for dinner. Does that seem like a productive day? Oh, I also fixed the little paint flubs in the living room and cleaned up the living room so I can take out the carpet and get ready to lay the floor in there.

There, that sounds productive.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com