Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Three...

...days until the party!

Here's what's left to do:

  • Have the stairs carpeted. This one will be checked off in about an hour--much to my surprise, the guy actually showed up today, an hour late, after missing four appointments. I was begining to think I would have to preface the party by saying "please excuse the twenty-year-old carpet in the entry." Fortunately, that's not the case.

  • Nail down the trim in the dining room. I will try to do this sometime when my neighbors aren't asleep.

  • Buy a bed and mattress.
  • Install threshholds on the bedroom, bathroom, and closet doors.

  • Find some way to hide the holes where the floor doesn't meet the wall. A finish carpenter, I am not. My miters don’t match, my trim is dented where I banged and crooked where it doesn’t fit in because of the paint, and ... you get the idea. But there must be a product for this.


It's really not such a bad list, considering.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com