Monday, September 19, 2005

Some choices are very difficult.

I went to Home Depot tonight to buy the floor underlayment (the floor arrived! It's beautiful!) and a few other things I need (drain for the sink, saw, mitre box, etc.). I also picked up a new toilet seat. I passed a couple in the toilet seat aisle, just staring at the twenty or so different models, most of them white. I walked up, picked up the wooden one that matches the floor, and walked away. I overheard them marveling at how quickly I was able to make the decision. Hey, when you know, you know.

Thanks to a little help from my friends, twenty-four boxes of Royal Oak laminate flooring is now curing in my living room. It will be ready to install by Thursday, but I realized that I'm drinking on the company dime on Thursday, which means that I probably won't want to start installing floors when I get home. Well, Saturday is soon enough to start.

I also haven't started in the bathroom. I need to move the washer and dryer out, and I need to paint, and I need to take the sink apart, and I need to re-caulk the tub, and I need to get rid of the shelving that's in there, because I think I want to replace it (although I'll probably stick it in the attic and leave it when I sell the place). Yikes, so much to do.

I'm going to send out invites for the housewarming party. That's one way to make sure that I keep moving with this stuff . . . invite people over.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com