Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Color success.

I painted the blues (living room walls and accent wall) and I love love love the color. I don't know what I was worried about. I'm not the greatest painter though ... I did try to spackle the walls first, and I took off the face plates from the outlets and switches, but it's really hard not to paint a little bit of the baseboard, even with the special edging tool I got. Even so, it's much easier to paint walls then it is to paint ceilings. Yesterday I painted the ceiling and it was torture. I'm not sure whose bright idea that was. Although I must admit that it looks great with a fresh coat of bright white paint.

Anyway, the living room looks great. And it's nice to feel like I've accomplished something. I still need to pull the cable through the ceiling and patch those holes, and fix the little places where I dropped paint in the wrong place. I think that I'll be investing in a little container of turpentine the next time I go to the Po (I'm going to be a frequent face at Home Depot, so I figure I'm entitled to use its nickname).

Here's a look at the two blues . . . and the corner where I still need to pull the cable into the ceiling, patch the holes, and touch up the paint. But the blue is pretty, isn't it?

27Taylor - 47

And here's me after my first night of painting. Kind of like Rosie the Riveter, but covered in ceiling paint.
27Taylor - 33

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com